Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Sunday, June 12, 2016

One Fancy Wiener Dog + Card Chain Challenge May 2016

Hi folks, thanks for joining me today!

From time to time I participate in the Card Chain Challenge and I must say, it's a lot of fun to do so! People from all around the world participate and send cards to each other. This month, the card I received was from a tiny island called Mauritius and had to travel across the Indian Ocean to make its way to me. How cool is that?!  This fancy dachshund of mine traveled across the world to land in Australia! I just love that it goes global :)



Each month there are four guidelines: sketch, specific materials, specific themes and specific colors.  You can choose to use as many guidelines as you wish, but you have to choose at least one. For this particular card, I chose three: sketch, colored pencils, and dogs.  

I used the long retired stamp sets from There She Goes Stamps to make the dog and the sentiment. I used Prismacolors to color in the tiny canine and his fancy clothes :)  I fussy cut the pieces, then paper pieced to create his super stylish look.  I also stamped the top hat a second time and adhered it with dimensional adhesive for some depth.

I love the look of vellum for many reasons and used it here to soften the background behind the dog. Adhesive shows through vellum very easily, so to avoid that, I just used tape behind the dog then attached him to the card base.

Wrapped some string around the bottom before adding the sentiment, on pop dots, of course, wrote a little note then sent him off on his journey :)

Supplies:
Neenah Solar White card stock
There She Goes Stamps--The Doxie with Moxie and Size Matters
Patterned paper and brown string from stash
Vellum paper
Prismacolor pencils
Dimensional Adhesive
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Thanks for stopping by today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)