Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Saturday, March 15, 2014

You are Amazing Rainbow--PS April Guest Designer Search

Hi everyone :) We all could use a little rainbow in our lives, and this one happens to be another submission for Paper Smooches' April Guest Designer Search!  I used PS stamps and dies from my latest shopping craze for this project and had a great time playing around with everything!  It's such a happy card!  Now, I know it's a little dark, but there is a fair amount of detail to the white paper and it wasn't showing up on lighter pictures.  The darker picture showed the glitter, silver embossing and stars best. Enjoy!


The rainbow die is so cool, but it took a little bit of getting used to.  It die cuts all six colors of the rainbow at once and I didn't separate them until after I had cut all the colors I needed, so I ended up having to go through 36 tiny strips of rainbow and comparing sizes at first LOL Lesson learned! It was MUCH easier the second time around and I adore the final outcome. 

I embossed a white piece of paper with stars before using the rainbow die, then put the rainbow colors in the negative space like a puzzle. It was pretty easy to do and the pieces fit together rather nicely. I love sparkle and wanted to add a little more interest to the card, so I covered the clouds in silver Stickles. I didn't want the sentiment and rainbow to compete for attention, so I combined stamps from the Chit Chat stamp set and embossed "You are amazing" on vellum paper. I love how subtle it is...the silver looks so pretty with the silver glitter! Cute and simple! It makes me feel so happy!

Here are the supplies that were used:
Rainbow die (Paper Smooches)
Chit Chat stamp set (Paper Smooches)
Spectrum stamp set (Paper Smooches)
Star Embossing Folder
Versamark
Silver Embossing Powder
Heat Tool
Vellum Paper
Various cardstock
Stickles

Thank you for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)