Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2016

NON #27 + No Line Watercolor Cupcake + Lots of Layers

Hello, hello!

This month's theme at Naughty or Nice Challenges is CUPCAKES!! I hope you can join us in the fun!




This card is absolutely loaded with layers!  I love the edge and the pink paper peeking out from the inside.  I tried the no line watercolor look that has become quite popular in the card making world with the cupcake.   I masked the wrapper and the icing to get the different colors so that I only had to stamp it once and avoid the possibility of not lining them up correctly.  I used Distress Ink and Distress Markers to color the image, fussy cut it then covered the icing with glossy accents.  I adhered it on the layers of circles using Action Wobblers. I thought the circles just weren't enough, so I added the doily, layered some flags, corner chomped the edges and felt like that finished it off. 

I love the edge of this card! I don't use the die set very often, but am always happy with the results when I do. I definitely need to put it ot use more! 

Supplies:

Spellbinders Borderabilities Card Creater Dies--A2 Curved Borders One
Cupcake Stamp
Neenah Solar White Card Stock
Strathmore Watercolor Paper
Card Stock and Patterned Paper from Stash
Action Wobblers
Pop Dots
Doily
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Distress Ink and Markers in Antique Linen and Picked Raspberry
Glossy Accents
Water

Paintbrush

4 comments:

  1. WOW, WHAT A BEAUTY! Sorry to shout but I love this card! I love the layers, the colours, the no line colouring, that edging... be still my beating heart, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous , I love the yummy cupcake and the borders and doily are stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, layers is right! This is beautiful! Everything works together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh beautiful card - great colouring on your cupcake and I'm lovin your fancy border :)

    ReplyDelete

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)