Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Silhouette Cutting File "Drink Up Witches" + NON Challenge

Hey there! I hope you are all having a fantastic Wednesday :)

I wanted to pop in with another card for the "Feeling Witchy" theme going on at Naughty or Nice Challenges this month.  We have some fantastic entries so far and you still have a few days to join in! All entries must be received by this Sunday, October 25, so if you haven't entered something already, you have some time join in the fun :) 


I don't often break out my Silhouette, but I was determined to after I found this file in the store.  I think I cut it out three times before I was able to remove it from the sheet of card stock without tearing the whole darn thing in half LOL  It's so delicate and I had so much trouble! I like that some of the letters look rough and disheveled like a witch's hair, so it works with the theme ;)  I used Copics to color the drink and see all those little purple bubbles coming out of it? They were sent to me by DoCrafts and they are absolutely fabulous! I will have a close up post of them soon, but in the mean time, check the product out here and order ASAP. These are a must have for sure!

Step by Step:

Cut file using Silhouette, color the "drink", then glue the font and glass onto green glitter paper and add the little gemstones to look like bubbles.

Stamp Herringbone (Impression Obsession) background stamp onto plain white paper with Memento Tuxedo Blank Ink and add skeleten ribbon down side.

Adhere the green layer to the skeleton ribbon layer using foam to create depth.

Use Diagonal Stripes (Impression Obsession) background stamp with Eggplant Ink (Mama Elephant) on the base of the card.

Adhere the skeleton/"Drink Up Witches" layer to the card base layer.

That's it for me today! Thanks for spending part of your day with me and don't forget to get your witch on and submit your card before Sunday :)



2 comments:

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)