Hi everyone :)
This month's Naughty or Nice Challenge is taking off and the theme is "In Bloom". Before getting into the headache this card caused me, I must say that the final product is gorgeous and I love it. I don't think the picture captured how beautiful it really is...
Now...about the headache.
This card was initially like one of those Pinterest Fails. I had an idea in my head of what I wanted to do: watercolor with embossed flowers. The big questions were whether or not I should emboss them in white or black, and what flowers to use. I did the watercolor and was so happy with how it turned out. It was beautiful and I wish I would have taken a picture of it before I added anything else, but I didn't expect what would happen next to happen LOL
Stamping these flowers was a nightmare. The first went on great, the second pretty darn good, but the third just didn't work out well. I tried masking two of the flowers before laying the third, but some of the image didn't stamp, so I just wiped the embossing powder away (several times), used my powder tool, re-stamped and sprinkled the embossing powder on (several times). The leaves seemed to line up funny and I had to repeat the process a few times with them. Folks, there's only so much wiping off of embossing powder and re-sprinkling of embossing powder that can be done LOL It was NOT cooperating at all and my beautiful vision was quickly unraveling.
So, I decided that it was what it was and considering covering the flawed parts with a ribbon or a banner, but decided to use one of my favorite tricks when it comes to minor mishaps that nothing else will disguise--VELLUM! I love vellum. It's delicate and beautiful and feminine, and as a bonus, it covers up minor mistakes. I'm sure these mistakes were much more obvious to me since I made the card, but I still wanted to cover it up. So I did. And I really love it :)
I used acetate to create the watercolor effect and made sure to dry the paper with my heat tool before changing colors, just to make sure they didn't muddy. After it was all dry, I did the stamping and embossing, then covered it with vellum. I added the double loop bow at the end using my Bow-It-All v. 2.0 tool. I absolutely love this tool! The bows it creates are just so perfect.
That's about it for me today! Thanks for stopping by. Head on over NON to join us in the challenge and to see what my fab teammates came up with.
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Distress Inks (Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Squeezed Lemonade)
Stampin' Up Summer Solstice
Bow It All v. 2.0
Ribbon from stash
Strathmore Watercolor Paper
I'd like to submit my card into the following challenges and themes:
My Creative Moments #5--"Colorful Creations"
Card Mani Challenges #67--"Flowers"
Clear It Out--"2 or More Thing You're Hoarding"
Artistic Inspirations #128--"Anything Goes with a Twist of Flowers"