Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Get Lucky--NON #13--It Ain't Easy Being Green

Hello again! I'm back with another post today for Naughty or Nice's challenge this month--It Ain't Easy Being Green! This was a ton of fun! It was one of those cards that just came together, which was nice since I had major crafter's block with one of my other projects just yesterday. 

I knew I wanted to do something with St. Patty's Day. I've got Irish blood running through my veins, so it just seemed like the natural way to go. I initially thought "leprechaun!" but decided to go with green beer instead :)   



I cut the beer mugs with my Silhouette then colored the beer with Copics. I knew I wanted to go with a naughty card this month and thought these little love struck faces would go great with the sentiment. I fussy cut the beer foam, and I'm not the best fussy cutter in the world, so there are some flaws, and even though they bother me, I like to tell myself that it's OK because it's handmade ;) I didn't have a sentiment, so when this happens, I just jump on my computer and create exactly what I want. It works great! After printing and cutting the size I wanted, I folded the paper into a banner. It's hard to see from the photo, but it has a lot of dimension and kind of bounces off the card. My son picked out this ribbon the other day and I thought it was so cute and perfect for the theme. It was an easy way to add more shamrocks :)

Supplies
Peachy Keen Stamps Sweet on You Faces
Copics (G 09, 45; YG 03, 05, 09, 45; B 04; R20)
Avery Elle ink in Celery
Peachy Keen Stamps Polka Dot Background
Peachy Keen Stamps February 2012 Kit
Shamrock Ribbon from Michael's
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Printer
Silhouette

Thanks so much for stopping by! Please stop by the Naughty or Nice blog to see what my teammates came up with and join us if you have time! We love to see what you've got, whether it be naughty or nice!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps--Holiday
Crafting for all Seasons--Die Cuts and/or Punches
Loves Rubberstamps--Use Ribbon and/or Lace
MelJen's Designs--Seeing Spots
Open Minded Crafting Fun--Luck
We Do Doobadoo--Spring/Green
Simply Create Too--St. Patty's Day/Mostly Green
Eclectic Ellapu--Go Green
Great Impressions--Go Green

18 comments:

  1. Great card! I love their cheeky expressions soooooooooooo much! Have a fab day, hun, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! I have now discovered... I have no beer stamps. Must be because I'm more a wine girl. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight for our "Luck" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those green beer mugs - thanks for sharing your cute project at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fun! I LOVE all the texture and I adore the ribbon you used, too! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet image, you've colored and embellished it perfectly. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Loves Rbberstamps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahaha...those two mugs, eyeing each other, are absolutely fabulous! Fabulous card in every way! Thank you for sharing your holiday-themed card in the ATSM gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun card! Thanks for joining Loves Rubber Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Loves Rubberstamps

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute fun card! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable, I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very funny green beers.
    Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week and I hope you come back soon!
     Hugs, Kat DT

    ♥ Kakichka Blog ♥

    ♥ Kartishok - blog for ideas ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "Luck" challenge at Open Minded Crafting! Hope to see you playing, again, next time! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Open Minded Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha fantastic card.. made me smile :-) Thankyou for sharing it with us over at Open Minded Crafting Lynda DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very fun card! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The most adorable card, it's perfect for our green challenge at Simply Create Too.

    Love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card - the sentiment is hilarious!! Thanks so much for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu.

    With smiles
    Laine
    DT Eclectic Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  18. cuutee green card Rosie
    that beer GLASS are colored so well
    and that face on the beer foam soo soo cuuteee
    Lovely idea to make beer card in green
    I can see your banner sentiment
    maybe next time make a foto from another position Rosie (just an idea hehehe)
    sweet DT card
    I join two times at the Naughty or Nice challenge hope it is ok :)
    Now I try to visiting the DT cards..they are all so sweet and cute
    hugs, Monika from Germany

    ReplyDelete

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)