Follow Me on Pinterest

Instagram

Polka Dot Rosie

Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Rays for ME Photo Inspiration Challenge

Hello, hello! I'm popping in today to share another fun card I made for the Mama Elephant Photo Inspiration Challenge.  I love all the challenges, but this one is extra exciting because the winner is on ME's design team for six months!! Their products are wonderfully made and so cute, and winning would be such an honor. Since it is a photo inspiration challenge, we have the following photo to work with: 



 I think it's such a beautiful picture with lots of beautiful colors going on. I was really drawn to how bright the photo was, so I took it more literally and made rays of sunshine:




So, what do you think?? I've never tried a card like this and it was a really cool process.  First, I stenciled the rays on the card using embossing paste that I dyed with ink.  While it was drying, I cut a little hill out of paper and covered it with flocking powder.  In real life, grass is not always perfect, so I made it a little sparse in some areas and fuller in others.  I colored these adorable bunnies with Copic markers and adhered them on top of the hill with dimensional adhesive.  Fun! Different from any card I've done in the past, but I'm really digging how cool it is!  

Here is the list of products that I used:
Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Mama Elephant Honey Bunny Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Rays Stencil
Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink
Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink
Dreamweaver Embossing Paste
Martha Stewart Flocking Powder in Fennel
Copic Markers (W4, W6, W8)
Tombo Mono Aqua Liquid Glue
Scotch Mounting Tape

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. That is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really happy with how it turned out. The grass is really fuzzy :)

      Delete

No need to be shy! I love getting comments and appreciate every one :)